Rigatoni Al Segreto
This Rigatoni al Segreto recipe was the most closely guarded hugger-mugger at Gino’s, i of New York City’s most famous Italian restaurants. It was every bit legendary, every bit their signature zebra-print wallpaper, as well as it won awards every bit the best ruddy sauce inwards town.
While in that location were rumors that the hugger-mugger constituent was butter, no i actually knew for sure. Once the eating theater unopen inwards 2010, the recipe got out, as well as indeed, the butter legend was confirmed. Having never been there, I was excited to displace it, but in that location was a large problem. Actually, a minor problem. The recipe called for only a half-tablespoon of butter. Regulars knew this couldn’t endure right, as well as and thus the recipe remained a mystery. Was it a typo? Was the onetime chef only trolling people?
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 loving cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt, summation to a greater extent than to taste
- 2 or iii cloves crushed garlic
- a pinch of ruddy pepper flakes (not inwards master copy recipe)
- 1 tin give the sack (28 oz) San Marzano tomatoes, blended smooth
- 1/2 loving cup H2O to rinse out the tin give the sack of tomatoes
- Small handful of basil leaves, left whole or sliced only earlier adding
- 1 loving cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (about 1.5 oz past times weight), summation to a greater extent than to top
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
*8 ounces dry out rigatoni
* This recipe in all probability makes plenty sauce to coat 12 oz of pasta, but I similar lots of sauce.