Flaming Greek Cheese
I normally seek to squash inwards 1 to a greater extent than sexy dessert video earlier Valentine’s Day, simply instead I opted for this show-stopping, too super-savory saganaki. What it lacks inwards chocolate, it to a greater extent than than makes upward inwards existence on fire. I know what you’re in all probability thinking… what almost a flaming chocolate dessert? Maybe adjacent year.
In representative you’re wondering, the master copy saganaki was non flambéed. This flaming cheese ritual was started past times restaurateurs inwards Chicago, who were hoping a niggling chip of showmanship would assistance growth cheese appetizer sales, which it surely did. They besides made the sense interactive past times encouraging customers to yell, “Opa!” every bit the plate was existence ignited. If there’s 1 thing people honey fifty-fifty to a greater extent than that flaming fried cheese, it’s yelling.
- 4 ounce slab of kasseri cheese (about 3/8 inch thick), or other cheeses listed above
- water too flour every bit needed
- 1 tablespoon olive fossil oil
- 2 tablespoons brandy, room temp
- 1/2 lemon to squash over, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped Italian parsley
- sliced fresh or grilled staff of life to serve alongside