The Best Chocolate Fleck Cookies
I know, everybody says that, but I actually hateful it. These are, these convey to be, the best chocolate fleck cookies, ever. Crispy around the edges, chewy as well as chocolaty inward the middle, as well as thin, oh as well as thus thin.
My “secret” formula has been adapted from Alton Brown’s famous, “The Thin” recipe, as well as is fairly foolproof. The exclusively existent variable is the baking time, since nosotros all scoop slightly dissimilar amounts. Mine took most 12 minutes, but if you lot brand yours a piffling bigger, or smaller, that fourth dimension volition change.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher tabular array salt (or 3/4 teaspoon of fine tabular array salt)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks (1 cup) real soft unsalted *butter (be certain the butter is room temp, as well as very, real soft!)
*I used a high-quality European-style butter, as well as recommend you lot practise the same. Cheaper butters volition convey to a greater extent than H2O content, which tin behaviour upon the fatty ratio, as well as thickness of your cookie.
- 1 loving cup sugar
- 1/2 loving cup low-cal chocolate-brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips