Peanut Curry Chicken
Peanut Curry Chicken
There’s a present called “Check, Please! Bay Area,” which features iii locals who crusade each other’s favorite restaurants, too thus compare notes amongst host, Leslie Sbrocco. We larn lots of bully ideas for places to try, too every ane time inward a spell I listen most a dish that I actually wishing to make, too this peanut curry chicken is the latest example. The eating seat was called Old Skool Café, too the dish was “Abu’s West African Peanut Butter Stew.”
I was working spell it was on, too non paying amount attention, simply I shout upward thinking that it sounded similar something I’d similar to crusade soon. That was a yr ago.
Last week, Michele too I ended upward going there, too I lastly had my guide a opportunity to social club the stew, too opposite engineer the recipe for a video. Except, I didn’t social club it. I convey this mental defect where convey to I social club fried chicken every fourth dimension it’s on a menu. Michele was no help, since she has the same disease amongst shrimp too grits.
Anyway, soul ordered it at the tabular array side past times side to us, too I overheard them discussing it, which provided enough of inspiration for this version. I decided to non follow whatsoever specific recipe, simply instead practice a uncomplicated composite of every peanut curry I’ve e’er come upward across.
Unlike Abu’s stew, too many others, I didn’t purpose kokosnoot milk, equally I experience that’s a lilliputian besides sweetness too rich for the peanut butter. I loved how this came out, too I can’t imagine it existence whatsoever richer. I actually promise you lot compass this a crusade soon. Enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons terra firma coriander
- 2 teaspoons terra firma cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, addition to a greater extent than to gustation
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large xanthous onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 loving cup ketchup
- 3/4 loving cup smoothen peanut butter (I recommend using an all-natural mode that doesn’t incorporate sugar. If you lot purpose the regular stuff, you lot won’t ask the chocolate-brown carbohydrate called for below).
- 1 packed tablespoon chocolate-brown sugar
- about 3 1/2 cups chicken broth, depending on desired thickness
- 1 pound zucchini, cutting into chunks
- 1 scarlet bell pepper, cubed
- 1 light-green poblano pepper, diced
- 1/2 loving cup roasted peanuts
- chopped cilantro too fresh lime to garnish
serve on rice