I’ve never been a huge fan of the calzone, together with I assume most people that don’t swallow their pizza crusts experience the same way. However, since this has been requested hundreds of times, I idea I’d set my personal feelings aside, together with laissez passer on the recipe a shot.
So, I decided to create what I listen is a to a greater extent than traditional filling, featuring ricotta, fresh mozzarella, together with ham. The consequence was equally enjoyable, equally it was surprising. It was almost, but non quite, lasagna-like. The extra crust didn’t bother me equally much, together with everything seemed to move together beautifully.
I decided to recommend our Wolfgang Puck dough recipe, because it’s fast together with easy, together with features a prissy lightly textured dough, but whatever prepared pizza dough volition move nicely.
- 1 batch of our Wolfgang Puck pizza dough (get the recipe here), divided into four dough balls
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 2 cups ricotta, drained if necessary
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced thin, together with drained on newspaper towel
- 1 1/2 loving cup finely diced smoked ham
- freshly solid set down dark pepper to gustation
- cayenne to taste
(note: earlier folding, I forgot to drizzle the exceed of the filling alongside a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, which I remember would receive got been a prissy touch.)
- 2 cups marina sauce for dipping, optional
1 egg for egg wash
- Parmesan cheese for dusting tops
– Bake at 500 F. for xv minutes