The Brutus Salad
The Brutus Salad
I don’t post service a lot of salad videos, since, other than the dressing recipe, what am I going to learn you? Most people are pretty practiced when it comes to tossing things inwards a bowl, but I made an exception for what I’m calling a “Brutus.”
I discovered this salad at a bully eating seat inwards Healdsburg, called Willis’s Seafood, where it was definitely non called a “Brutus,” but only described every minute a, “Little Gem Salad, Dijon Vinaigrette, Fuji Apples, Aged White Cheddar, Fresh Herbs, Fried Pecans.” It sounded amazing, in addition to tasted fifty-fifty better.
It was in addition to then good, I joked that it could supervene upon the Caesar every minute America’s favorite tossed salad, in addition to a few beers later, the sentiment to telephone hollo upward it the “Brutus” was born. I’m explaining this non exclusively to laissez passer credit, where credit’s due, but every minute good to brand clear it has nix to produce alongside politics. Yes, nix to produce alongside it. Nothing at all.
Normally, I would say yous to add together whatsoever yous desire to this salad, but non this time. Please become far just every minute shown. Having said that, you’ll of course of written report bring to adapt the dressing to your taste, but yous already knew that. I actually produce promise yous laissez passer this a endeavor soon. Enjoy!
Ingredients for four portions:
For the dressing:
- 1/4 loving cup existent French Dijon mustard
- 1/4 loving cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 loving cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- freshly soil dark pepper
cayenne to taste
– the dressing should endure sudden in addition to acidic, but delight adapt to your taste
For the salad:
- 4 hearts of romaine, cutting or torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ounces extra-sharp aged cheddar
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill sprigs, chopped
- 3/4 loving cup pecan halves, toasted inwards two teaspoons vegetable oil, seasoned alongside common salt in addition to 1 teaspoon of white sugar