Brazilian Fish Stew
Brazilian Fish Stew
In illustration I wasn’t completely clear the multiple times I mentioned it inwards the video – this is only my take, my twist, my interpretation of a Brazilian fish stew. Or, equally people who volition ignore the previous judgement telephone telephone it, “moqueca.”
The most glaring omission from the classic constituent listing would move ruby-red palm oil, which evidently gives this dish it signature flavor. Since I don’t intend I always had it, it’s difficult for me to say, but what I tin forcefulness out tell you, is that this was incredibly delicious fifty-fifty without the mysterious oil.
Like most of the world’s slap-up fish stews, this is unremarkably made amongst several types of seafood, but this is what I’m calling the weeknight version. Using a whitefish, along amongst scallops, shrimp, clams, etc., is lovely, but thence yous create direct maintain to worry virtually timing, thence that everything finishes at the same time.
By using 1 fish, this actually is quite a elementary recipe, together with the lilliputian fleck of slicing together with mincing involved is good worth the gorgeous, together with real tasty results. I actually create promise yous laissez passer this gorgeous Brazilian fish stew a endeavor soon. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 xanthous onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, addition to a greater extent than to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato plant paste
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon solid soil cumin
- cayenne pepper to sense of savor
- 1 tin forcefulness out (14-oz) kokosnoot milk (not depression fat!)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 loving cup sliced assorted sugariness and/or hot peppers
- 1/4 loving cup chopped greenish onion
- 1 1/2 pounds ocean bass, or other trouble solid white fish, cutting into chunks
- 1/4 loving cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- serve amongst rice